The Glory

If you're looking for a book to read on a rainy day, I highly recommend anything written by Lauren St. John... and really, I mean anything, because all of her books will brighten up your day, especially the warm-hearted ones categorised into children's fiction. A few years ago, I fell in love with The One Dollar Horse trilogy, and since finishing all three books, I've always wanted to read more horse racing / equestrian related stories.


A feel good book, The Glory follows the story of two teenagers, delinquent Alexandra Blakewood, and former star student, now burger joint worker, Will Greyton. Each tackling some of life's biggest problems (escaping from a camp for troubled youths, and coping with the illness of a family member, to name a few), they both sign up to join The Glory, a prestigious riding competition that will put both themselves, and their horses, through the extremes. Navigating 1,200 miles across dangerous terrain, and risking life and limb to win a cash prize of $250,000, they must do everything in their power to win the competition - even more so when freedom and family is on the line. 

Favourite quote:

'"When your body is caged and your spirit wants to wander, that's when big trouble always starts."'

Favourite character:

For me, I think Will deserves first place for the best and most developed character in the book. Determined, fierce and charming, it was extremely hard not to fall in love with him (especially  when I reflect back on how he was so passionate and selfless in everything that he did, including looking out for others competitors and horses, even though it sometimes lead to dire consequences).

3 words to describe the book:

Feel-good, warm, exciting.

Rating:

✮✮✮/✮✮✮✮✮

Filled with drama, suspense and animals which are vibrantly brought to life through mere words on a page, The Glory is a novel that's hard to put down... and one that you'll want to read again and again and again once you've finished it.

12 comments

  1. Never heard of this book but it's on my list of books to buy! Thank you

    Www.kimberleyjessica.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to give this book a read! The quote about the past being open to interpretation is my personal fave. Great post lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my favourite quotes too! And thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed the review! <3 :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not a massive book reader but this sounds like a great book'! I might buy it to read, great post X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! And thank you. <3

      Delete
  4. Sounds really good I don't get time to read much but when I'm Holiday I'll Defo add this one to buy to my list xx Pixie www.pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Hope you have a good time on holiday. :D

      Delete
  5. I need to get back into reading more, this sounds really good, I used to read a lot of horse related books when I was younger

    Tasha x

    http://itsatashathing.blogspot.com/2016/09/itsatashathing-zoella-apartment-trip_11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I hope you enjoy the book!

      Delete
  6. Will have to add this to my to-read list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig