Get to Know me Better | Q&A

I've been meaning to introduce myself properly since I started blogging, and I thought what better way to do that than to host a Twitter Q&A?



1. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which book would you choose? - @EmBookCorner

This is such a difficult question to answer for someone who classes themselves as a huge bookworm. If I could, I'd pick every single book on my shelf -- I wouldn't want to part with any! But the first answer that sprung to mind was The Book Thief by Markus Zusac, so I'll just roll with that. It's such a brilliant book with a poignant message behind it, and I always think it's important to read stories that make you reflect on events of the past.

2. What would your idea of a perfect Sunday evening be? - @courtwritesblog

Spent in bed, surrounded by blankets, snacks, Netflix and a couple of books to read. What could be more perfect than that?

3. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? - @chloemtommo

I was going to say chocolate, or cake, but thinking practically, I'd choose to live off potato, simply because you can vary the way you cook it, and season it, too! (I do adore chocolate cake though, so if I could only eat two foods for the rest of my life, it would be potato and chocolate cake. Not very nutritional, but at least they both taste completely different.).

4. If you could take a fictional character to one of your favourite places, who would you take and where would you go? - @VivWrites

Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices trilogy, because he's super sassy, and seems like the kind of fictional character who'd be loads of fun to hang around with. I don't actually know where my favourite place is, so maybe I'd take him to the parts of the world I hope to explore in the future: Rome, Venice, Amsterdam and Scotland.

5. Do you watch (or have you ever watched) Coronation Street? If so, who is / was your favourite character? - @blogabtnothing1

I used to watch Coronation Street, but stopped watching soaps as soon as I subscribed to Netflix. I haven't watched it since -- apart from the episode where Kylie died, which was so upsetting! -- but I definitely think I'm going to have to get back into watching the show again.

6. Which book character would be your BFF and why? - @aliterarypotion

Claire Randall from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, because she's such an empowering and headstrong female figure who I think would like the fact that I believe in equality for all (and am one-hundred percent all for girl empowerment).  

7. What is a popular book / series you've not read yet? - @aliterarypotion

The Throne of Glass series and the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. I feel like I'm literally the only person in the blogging community who hasn't read these books! They've been on my TBR list for ages now -- I'm definitely going to have to ask for them for my Birthday.

8. What is your favourite part of the Christmas holidays? - @aliterarypotion

Everything! Putting the tree up, wrapping up presents for my family and friends, watching Christmas films and listening to Christmas music  -- it's all so magical and exciting!

9. If you could do any job, what would it be? - @aliterarypotion

Something English related, like working in a bookshop, reviewing books, or becoming an English teacher.

10. Jamie, Damon or Bellamy? - @aliterarypotion

Damon. I  just love leather jackets and expressive eyes, okay? (Anna, I still adore Jamie and Bellamy though.)

11. What does your dream career look like? - @littlelaurensbl

I'd love to work in the publishing industry, for a company like Puffin, Penguin or Orchard, and either be a copy-editor and proof read books, or market and promote them before they're released in the shops.

12. What is on your top 5 books to read list? Also, what are your top 5 favourite books? - @chloemtommo

Top 5 books to read list: Three Dark Crowns, A Court of Thorns and Roses, Holding Up the Universe, Throne of Glass and Under Rose Tainted Skies.

Top 5 favourite books, in no particular order: We'll Meet Again, Soulmates, A Quiet Kind of Thunder, Voyager (Outlander #3) and City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1).

13. Do you prefer paperback or hardback? - @feys_book_world

Paperbacks, because they're more affordable and take up less space on my bookshelf. I do love hardbacks though, especially if the covers are limited edition ones.

14. What is your favourite Christmas related activity? - @whatsarahwrites

Watching Christmas films. It just makes everything feel so magical at this time of year. I also love drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows, and eating lots of chocolate, because Christmas is all about indulgence.

15. Who is your favourite author? - @meg_fleet

There are so many authors that I love: it's impossible to pick one favourite, so I'll narrow it down to three! Diana Gabaldon, Lily Baxter and Sara Barnard.

16. What is your favourite book to film conversion? - @dontfaff

Divergent. I absolutely hated the trilogy (Insurgent and Allegiant were way too complex and scientific!), but I found the films really action packed and interesting.

17. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take? - @courtwritesblog

Water, sun-cream and books! I figured that books probably aren't the most practical thing to take on an island, but if I ever ran out of wood, I could use the pages of the books I packed with me to build a fire with. Only if the situation was severe, though, because I don't condone the burning of books. They're too precious for that.

18. Do you review every book that gets submitted to you? If not, how do you know what ones to review? - @chloemtommo

If I don't enjoy a book I'm sent to review, and don't think it's one that will appeal to the audience of my blog, I don't upload a blog post about it; instead, I forward the review onto whoever's contacted me.

The majority of books I review on my blog are ones that I buy myself, and usually fall into the fantasy, young adult or historical fiction category. I always buy a book I like the sound of, and if I enjoy it, I review it on my blog in the hope that other bookworms will pick it up and love reading it, too.

19. What is your current favourite song? - @hollyx_01

Cold Water featuring Justin Bieber and MØ.

20. Since it's only a month away, what's your favourite Christmassy read? - @AliceRWB

My favourite book to read near Christmas time is probably any book by Lily Baxter. She's an author of fictional wartime stories, and although they don't focus on Christmas festivities, they're feel-good, heart warming books that are perfect to cosy up to on a dark winter night.

21. If you could only watch one TV series for the rest of your life, what would it be? - @pastbedtimeblog

The Vampire Diaries. I watch a lot of TV shows, but this is definitely my all time favourite one. I'm actually re-watching all 7 seasons (and season 8, which is airing at the moment) for the fourth time round . . . to say I'm obsessed is an understatement!

If there's anything anyone would like to ask me, please don't be shy! Either ask me in the comments below, or send me a message on Instagram or Twitter -- I'll reply straight away, because I'm always on social media procrastinating. And if you watch The Vampire Diaries, or love any of the fictional characters I've mentioned above, say hello. Seriously. I'd love to fangirl with you and be friends.

6 comments

  1. Oh Damon!! He's so wonderful! That was such a hard question, which mean person asked you that hehe! I've not heard of Lily Baxter before but I adore wartime stories, after the early Middle Ages, it's my favourite time period. I'll have to read them asap (after the Shadowhunters books of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, isn't he! <3 And Lily Baxter's books are so good -- especially We'll Meet Again, which is my favourite out of them all! You definitely have to read that one.

      Delete
  2. Loved reading all these and getting to know you better!! You've also kind of tempted me to go back and resume watching TVD since I stopped a while ago.

    - Chloe
    chloetommo.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! The new season of TVD is so amazing (and quite dark!). :)

      Delete
  3. What a nice post :) I love your perfect Sunday evening. Also, I'm honest I've never watched The Vampire Diaries. I'm obsessed with Teen Wolf atm <3 xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teen Wolf is amazing, it's one of my favourite TV shows. :D I absolutely love Stiles, he's the best!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig