The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Princess

I finally got round to reading the third and final book in The Infernal Devices trilogy, and it was amazing and phenomenal, and just everything I hoped it would be and more. I loved it. Side note: If you've never read the first two books in the trilogy, you can read my spoiler free reviews of Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince by clicking on the links. You're welcome.


The final instalment of perhaps one of the best trilogies I've ever read, Clockwork Princess is even more of an emotional roller coaster than the previous two books. With the help of his clockwork automatons, the evil villain Mortmain  is now closer than ever to  finally destroying the Shadowhunter race . . . and the only missing ingredient in his master plan is Tessa.

After a short but dramatic battle, Tessa is abducted by Mortmain, and Jem and Will, both hopelessly in love with the same girl, will do anything in their power to save her -- but only Tessa can save herself from her own fate.

A story of love, loss, passion, war and secrets, the final book in the trilogy will keep you on the edge of your seat until you reach the very last page. And probably make you shed a few (okay, a lot) of tears.

Favourite quotes:

'"Men may be stronger, but it is women who endure."'

'"Sometimes one must choose whether to be kind or honourable," he said. "Sometimes one cannot be both."'

'"There are so many worse things than death. Not to be loved or not to be able to love: that is worse."'

Favourite character:

My favourite character in the trilogy is still Will Herondale (but having said that, Jem is pretty amazing, too). You're probably wondering why Will's my favourite. I mean, I should probably be singing praises about Tessa, because she is the protagonist, after all. But Will's dark allure captivates me, his sass cracks me up, and his inescapable vulnerability and need to prove his worth just makes him impossible not to fall in love with, a million times over.

3 words to describe the book:

Epic, gripping, emotional.

Rating:

✮✮✮✮✮/✮✮✮✮✮

I'm giving it five out of five stars, because what else can I give a masterpiece? The book has my heart. And if you haven't read the trilogy, you need to buy it right now, because honestly, every character in the book is so beautiful (and no, I'm not just talking about Will).

2 comments

  1. This review has got me so excited. I've just finished reading the mortal instrument series and I miss it so much already. Moving on these books next!

    Fab post!

    Love
    Charlene McElhinney
    @blogabtnothing1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay, I can't wait for you to read them. :D I hope you enjoy them just as much as The Mortal Instruments series!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig