2016 Wrap Up

With the year now coming to an end, I thought it would be an appropriate time to do a 2016 wrap up of my favourite books I've read this year -- narrowing it down to just three, otherwise this post would never end (and no, I'm not exaggerating: once I start talking about books, I can't stop!).
My all time favourite book I've read this year is A Quiet Kind of Thunder by the lovely author of Beautiful Broken Things, Sara Barnard. Released in January, it's a young adult book that you definitely need to buy, because if you don't, let's just say that you're missing out on a fantastic piece of literature. As well as being beautifully written, the plot is insightful, and the characters are unbelievably difficult not to fall in love with (especially Rhys!). You can read my review of it here.


Number two on my list of 2016 favourites is This Raging Light by Estelle Laure, one of the first books I reviewed on my blog (which is just one of the many reasons why it holds a special place in my heart). I've read a lot of young adult books over the course of the year, and alongside A Quiet Kind of Thunder, this has been another story I've completely fallen in love with. I can't recommend it enough. If you like books that are light hearted, but also explore hard hitting issues such as abandonment and financial hardship, add this to your TBR list. You'll thank me later. You can read my review of it here.


Picking the final book in my list of favourites is extremely difficult, especially because I've read so many amazing books in 2016 . . . but what would a wrap up be without mentioning the queen of fantasy, Cassandra Clare? Earlier this year, after reading both Lady Midnight and The Mortal Instruments series, I thought it was about time to finally read The Infernal Devices trilogy -- and it didn't disappoint. It was epic. You can read my review of the first book in the trilogy by clicking here.


Here's my blog at a quick glance, where you can find all of my book reviews, author guest posts and lifestyle posts of 2016.

Book reviews:



















Author guest posts:




Lifestyle posts:




I can't believe this is my final blog post of 2016. Even though I've only been blogging for half a year, I've achieved so many things in such a small space of time (which I didn't even think were possible). To name but a few, I've been sent proofs to review by publishers, spoken to authors about being featured on my blog, and surpassed 600 followers on Twitter, which is just plain crazy. And I've also gotten to know some amazing, lovely people who I hope I'll be able to meet one day in real life.

To all of my friends, followers, and the people who read my blog, I wish you all the best for 2017. And if you've read any great books this year, I'd love to hear all about them in the comments below!

9 comments

  1. I adore the front covers of those books - they definitely entice me to read them! One of my goals for 2017 is to read 1/2 books a month!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're such pretty covers! And good luck achieving your goals. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't had the time to read in a long time! But I'm on a pretty long "vacation" at the moment so book or two wouldn't hurt haha :D will definitely look these up!

    ~ Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg those books sound amazing. I've never read any of these but I would love to read these and will definitely have to check these out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy reading them!

      Delete
  4. Those first two sounds so good! You make them sound so appealing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing. You definitely need to read A Quiet Kind of Thunder in particular, it's such a lovely read. xxx

      Delete
  5. I've never head of any of these books and I always love finding new books to read! I'll be sure to give them ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them. :)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig