A Court of Mist and Fury

My exams are over and I couldn't be happier! On my first day of freedom, I spent the day reading A Court of Mist and Fury. In the end, the book left me with so many questions. SO. MANY. And the cliff-hanger was that explosive it actually gave me a sleepless night (I wish I was joking).


The second A Court of Thorns and Roses book follows the events that unfold after Under the Mountain, where Feyre has survived Amarantha's wrath and is now finally free to return to her home, the Spring Court.

After being held captive for so long, Feyre soon realises that everyone she once knew is different: Tamlin has changed, and so has she. She is now one of the immortal Fae, who can wield powers nobody around her fully understands.

As well as trying to heal her broken soul and move on from the terrible things she has witnessed, Feyre must adhere to Rhysand's bargain. Once a month, she must attend the feared Night Court as part of a deal the High Lord made with her during her captivity. Soon, Feyre is tangled up in a web of politics, passion and power... and finds out that if she can learn to wield them, her gifts may be the key to stopping the greatest evil the faerie lands has ever known.

Favourite quotes:

'"To the stars who listen - and the dreams that are answered."'

'"There are good days and hard days for me - even now. Don't let the hard days win."'

(My next favourite quote is extremely long, but I had to include it because I thought it was beautiful.) '"There are different kinds of darkness," Rhys said. I kept my eyes shut. "There is the darkness that frightens, the darkness that soothes, the darkness that is restful." I pictured each. "There is the darkness of lovers, and the darkness of assassins. It becomes what the bearer wishes it to be, needs it to be. It is not wholly bad or good." 

Favourite character:

My favourite character is still Feyre, but after finishing the book, I'm definitely in love with the High Lord of the Night Court, Rhysand. I can't even explain how perfect he is - you just have to read the story to understand. He's cunning, charming, dazzling, loyal, protective... basically the epitome of a perfect book boyfriend.

Three words to describe the book:

Captivating, brilliant, emotional.

Rating:

✮✮✮✮/✮✮✮✮✮

I'm so excited to read A Court of Wings and Ruin; it's been a long time since I've loved a book series like this, and it's so rare that I ever give books so many stars twice in a row. If you haven't read my review for A Court of Thorns and Roses, you can read it by clicking here.

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig