I Finally Read a Sarah J. Maas Book!

I finally read a Sarah J. Maas book and I absolutely loved it. I'd heard so many good things about A Court of Thorns and Roses on both my Twitter and Instagram feed, so I couldn't resist buying it when it was reduced to just 99p on my e-reader. I have to admit that I was a little hesitant to read it at first; when a book is overhyped, I never usually enjoy it as much - but I had no reason to be nervous, because the book ended up being brilliant from the beginning.


A Court of Thorns and Roses is about nineteen year-old Feyre, who came from a once wealthy but now impoverished family. The only one who can provide for her father and two sisters, she's adapted to survive - and hunt for food - in the woodlands.

After striking down a wolf with an arrow, a beast-like creature tracks her down and presents her with a choice: to die, or to spend the rest of her life living with faeries - the very creatures her people despise. Choosing survival, Feyre is taken to a magical land, and soon discovers that her captor, Tamlin, is one of the immortal faeries who once ruled the human world.

Condemned to living out the rest of her mortal life on his estate, Feyre can't help but regard Tamlin with an icy hostility - she's been raised to think the faeries are wicked creatures, after all. But her feelings for him soon blossom into a fiery passion.

With Tamlin by her side, Feyre finally begins to see a future for herself in the Spring Court. But there is an ancient evil brewing that threatens the very existence of the faerie lands, and Feyre's happiness. She must find a way to stop the darkness that threatens the land she now lives on, or risk dooming Tamlin and his subjects to a terrible fate.

Favourite quote:

'"Be glad of your human heart, Feyre. Pity those who don't feel anything at all."'

Favourite character:

Feyre! She possessed every quality I love to see in a protagonist: she was fierce, brave, strong and empowering. The lengths she went to to protect her family, and the defiance she showed towards those who would dare hurt them, was admirable. She was just so badass.

I also loved Tamlin, too. And even the minor characters, like Lucien. And Rhysand, the alluring, bad boy who I'll no doubt end up falling in love with when I read the second book.

3 words to describe the book:

Amazing x3 (I genuinely have no other words for it!).

Rating:

✮✮✮✮✮/✮✮✮✮✮

I'm so excited to read A Court of Mist and Fury, and I can't wait to see what becomes of Feyre's life in the faerie kingdoms. I don't want to start fangirling and spoiling the book, so I'll just say one thing: if you love fantasy, read this. Sarah J. Maas's books are hyped about for a reason.

2 comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! I definitely caved in to the pressures of the internet who insisted I read ACOTAR. I was genuinely surprised but I never end up liking hyped books as much as I think I will but I really did like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I'm always so nervous that when a book is really hyped about, I won't like it because I've heard too much about it. But I really loved it, and I'm so happy I did!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig