A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR #3)

A Court of Wings and Ruin was a book that emotionally drained me. It was action-packed, tense, terrifying... basically everything I hoped it would be, and more.



In the third A Court of Thorns and Roses book, Feyre has returned to the Spring Court and is determined to act as a spy, gathering information about Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the whereabouts of the King of Hybern who's threatening to destroy both the faerie and the human lands.

To ensure her mission is successful, Feyre must put on a fa├žade and deceive those around her - but one slip of the tongue could not only cause her death, but place the ones she truly loves in jeopardy. As war threatens to break out, Feyre must decide which High Lords she can really trust, and hunt for allies in places she never thought she'd dare to venture again.

Favourite quote:

'"We're all broken," Mor said. "In our own ways - in places no one might see."'

Favourite character:

Rhysand and Feyre, obviously, but I also really loved Nesta, too. And Cassian and Mor, and Azriel and Elain. It was hard to not love everyone in this book: I was so proud to see how they had all grown, and what they had all sacrificed to be where they are now.

3 words to describe the book:

Action-packed, emotional, tense.

Rating:

✮✮✮✮✮/✮✮✮✮✮

When I reached the end of the A Court of Wings and Ruin, I was so gutted that Feyre and Rhysand's story was over (they're so precious it makes me want to cry).

Having said that, I'm still really excited for the series to continue in 2018 - perhaps even more so, because the book will be written from the perspective of a different protagonist. I'm really hoping the next story will focus around Nesta, because I think she's a character who has so much to offer: she's complex, strong, sharp-tongued, and has the potential to do so many brilliant and wicked things if she puts her mind to it.

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig