The Accident Season

I won a proof of The Accident Season a long time ago. I think it might have been in 2016, before I even set up my blog in August. It's now almost a year later, and I've only just read it (I'm not a bad bookworm, I swear. I just have a really long TBR list!).


Moïra Fowley-Doyle's debut is about seventeen year old Cara, a girl living a cursed life. Towards the end of every year, foreshadowed by the death of a long lineage of relatives before her, Cara and her family become unexplainably accident prone. No matter how much they try to prevent bad things from happening - by banishing sharp objects in the household and switching off all electrical appliances, for example - the accident season always manages to find a way to hurt them. Why is it that they're so cursed?

Favourite quote:

'Can you break your heart by accident, I wonder, like you can break a wrist?'

Favourite character:

I absolutely loved Bea! She was the kind of character whose presence really contributed to the overall vibe of the book; she was witchy and otherworldly, and I just found everything about her so compelling.

3 words to describe the book:

Chilling, haunting, mystical.

Rating:

✮✮✮/✮✮✮✮✮

The Accident Season is one of those books that's written in a unique, weird way - kind of like We Were Liars - that you can't help but fall in love with. I loved Moïra's writing style, and I'm so excited to get my hands on a copy of her new book, Spellbook of the Lost and Found, when I next go on a book buying spree.

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig