All The Bright Places

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven is 378 pages in length, a book that I read in one sitting and just couldn't put down. It's the kind of story that will make you want to cry and eat endless tubs of ice cream once you've finished it, but aside from that, it's one heck of a brilliant novel.


The plot is based around two high school students, Violet and Finch, who befriend each other after meeting on the top of a school bell tower (completely by chance, of course, but I'd argue it was more along the lines of fate). Polar opposites on the spectrum of popularity, they are paired up and assigned a project to complete. The goal? To discover the natural wonders surrounding the state they live in. A journey about finding themselves and finding each other, Violet soon learns that life, even with extenuating circumstances, can be enjoyed - but the closer Violet is from rediscovering the happiness she once knew, the further away Finch is from his own, until there's nothing but the shell of who he used to be left behind.

Favourite quote:

'"You are all the colours in one, at full brightness."'

Favourite character:

I'm going to make this plural, and say Finch and Violet. After finishing the book, it would be so wrong to just pick one over the other, when Finch wouldn't be Finch without Violet, and Violet wouldn't be Violet without Finch. I really can't go into too much detail about either of them without spoiling the book, so I guess that's all I can say.

3 words to describe the book:

Heart wrenching, emotional, powerful. 

Rating:

✮✮✮✮✮/✮✮✮✮✮

I'm absolutely in love with this book, and will one-hundred percent be re-reading it in the future. Words cannot express how I feel about it, so here's a GIF to sum up everything I basically feel (because, you know, GIFs speak louder than words. Please note: the tears on the above link are mainly tears of sadness, but also tears of happiness at how beautiful the whole text is). Just go and read it so you can thank me later.

10 comments

  1. I have been picking this up and putting it down every time I go into a bookshop. I may just have to read it now! I love the quotes you've picked out of the book, especially "we do not remember days, we remember moments" - I think that is an important thing to remember generally, not just in relation to the book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do need to read it! And I think so too, it's a beautiful quote, one that I'll always be sure to remember. <3

      Delete
  2. Oooh I bought this for my kindle and haven't read it yet! Looking forward to reading it now! x

    www.stephiebeau.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! :) Once you've read it, be sure to let me know how you found it.

      Delete
  3. Nice post! I read this book recently and I loved it. I found it was interesting for it was written and how the characters progress.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it was a brilliant book. :)

      Delete
  4. I've been looking into this recently and have been urming and ahhing as it to be my next book purchase but you've really sold it to me! Can't wait to get reading X
    http://www.lilydeal.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yay, I'm glad! :D I really hope you enjoy the book!

      Delete
  5. I love this book! I read it within about 2 days, I couldn't put it down! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good story. Definitely going to have to re-read it soon. <3

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig