Finding Audrey

In a recent competition, I was lucky enough to win a copy of Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. It's a YA book I've been wanting to read for a very long time, so to say I squealed when a copy arrived at my door was an understatement.



Finding Audrey is a poignant novella that explores what it's like to live with a social anxiety disorder, through the eyes of young teenage protagonist Audrey. Still traumatised by the bullying she's been subjected to, Audrey has convinced herself that recovery will never, ever be an option - that is, until she meets Linus, at least. Stumbling into her life with handwritten notes, an orange-segment smile that makes her butterflies triple tenfold, and an offer of a trip to Starbucks that seems too good to miss, she can't help but fall for him.

A story of friendship, love, and overcoming demons with the help of a quirky boy and his persistance, Finding Audrey is a must read for anyone looking for a feel good book that will warm your heart.

Favourite quote:

'"But, Audrey, that's what life is. We're all on a jagged graph. I know I am. Up a bit, down a bit. That's life."'

Favourite character:

Linus. Sweet, compassionate, and caring, there wasn't much I could fault him for, save for the occasional arguing with others, of course. He practically pulled at my heartstrings on every single page, especially when he posted Audrey small messages through the letterbox when she was too nervous to go outside. We all need a Linus in our life. Am I right, or am I right?

3 words to describe the book:

Realistic, dramatic, touching.

Rating:

✮✮✮✮/✮✮✮✮✮

After reading Finding Audrey, I discovered that Sophie Kinsella has in fact written lots of other books. And now, I've realised that I need to buy them all. And even though it will probably break my bank balance, I'm going to have to get them as soon as I can. Or ask for them for Christmas.

12 comments

  1. '"Screens are the cigarettes of our age. They're toxic, and we're only going to realise the damage they're doing when it's too late."' Love that quote, it's so true! I'm very guilty of being glued to some form of screen all day though! Sounds like such a good book, you're so lucky to have won it! x

    www.stephiebeau.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a powerful quote, isn't it? If you have the chance, you should definitely read the book -- it's brilliant. <3

      Delete
  2. I love Sophie Kinsella's writing! She's amazing. I really want to read this.. even more so now! Sounds lovely. I like the sound of Linus :)

    http://psychologyfoodandfitness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've never read any of her other books before, but I've fallen in love with her writing style which means I'll definitely have to buy the others. :)

      Delete
  3. Never heard of this book before however I have all of the rest of the ones she has brought out! I'll definitely have to find it, thank you!

    -kimberleyjessica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's a really good book, I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did!

      Delete
  4. Wow this book sounds amazing! Definatly something I need to read!
    I especially like the second quote, I can relate to that!

    Lovely blogpost!
    Francesca xx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! It's such a brilliant YA read. <3 Thanks for reading my blog.

      Delete
  5. I've always went to buy it but for some reason never did!!! Love your reveiw, I may need to buy it now xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you definitely should. It's a brilliant YA read. <3

      Delete
  6. I also read Finding Audrey recently! It's such a sweet book!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig