Ways to be Positive

Hey everyone!

As you may have noticed, today's blog post is different from the typical book review I usually upload. I've decided to expand the content I write as a blogger, which means that as well as posting book reviews, I'll also be posting about lifestyle, too . . . and what better way to kick it off than to write about remaining positive / happy? In life, we're all susceptible to bouts of stress and sadness, but I think that even when times are trying, it's always important to be as optimistic as possible.


Find your outlet:

Finding your outlet is such an important factor in remaining happy. Listening to music, reading, baking -- having a hobby you're truly passionate about is such a great way to improve your mood, not only because it momentarily distracts you from your troubles, but because it allows you to focus on something you enjoy. It's a constant that you can always turn to when you need a form of escapism.

Focus on the positives and appreciate everything:

When life tries to throw you off balance, it isn't always easy to think about what's going right. Instead, when one bad thing happens, you tend to think about every single element of your life that's gone wrong. Note: this is not a good thing to do.

Even when life gives you lemons, you should always focus on the positive aspects. Whenever you're feeling overwhelmed, always tell yourself that tomorrow has the chance to be a better day.

Talk to the people you care about:

I can't stress how important this is. In order to live a healthy, positive lifestyle, talking to the people you care about (or your pets / animals) is crucial. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I always turn to my best friend for guidance. She never fails to make me laugh or give me advice when I need it. I like to think that everybody has that one person they can turn to when they need help.

Stop comparing yourself to others:

We're all guilty of comparing ourselves to others. Sometimes, it's impossible to look at a person without asking 'Why can't I be like them?', or 'Why can't my life be like that?'. My advice? Stop questioning it. Stop wanting to look like someone else or live like someone else. Trust me when I say you'll feel so much better. What you look like or the life you lead can't be changed just by feeling a small ounce of jealousy towards a certain individual. Learn to accept yourself as you are, act upon what you want to change, and move on. Focusing on the future is essential.

Spread kindness:

Being kind towards others comes at no cost whatsoever. All good things, like smiles and manners, are free -- and they go a long way in making people feel like they're appreciated. Knowing that you've helped someone out, even just by doing something as simple as offering them advice, will give you a deep sense of satisfaction, thereby boosting your self-worth and making you feel good.

Always remember that what you give to people and how you treat them is a reflection of what will be given back to you. To live a positive life, we must be positive to others.

Look at each day as a new beginning:

The beauty of life is that every day is a blank canvas. No two days are ever the same. Every single morning, the best thing you can do is to wake up with a new attitude and ditch the pessimism. Smile. Take time to look at the world around you. Appreciate it. And tell yourself that your day will be brilliant, and if it's not, you have tomorrow, and the day after that, and the rest of your life to make it better.

45 comments

  1. Love this, this is just the boost I need!! Thank you xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree!!! I think it's so important for us to appreciate everyone's achievements and stop comparing! Then we can be truly positive and happy :) great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is, I agree! :)

      Delete
  3. Love this! All about self confidence and loving yourself! x
    http://www.izzieslife.co.uk/2016/10/body-image.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I think it's so important to spread kindness, you never know what someone else is going through! great post!
    Melissa xxx
    lovemelissax.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! xxx

      Delete
  5. Love this, it's so important to be positive and not compare yourself to others

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, take a new start every morning, midday and evening if necessary! I so often get stuck when I find myself flailing on any of these, and then you have to just start over :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. <3 Glad it could help.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post - sometimes I don't think I'm always that positive so I'm glad when a post like this comes along to remind me there are little ways I can do it.

    Lisa | www.fairlyrosy.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to spread kindness wherever I can

    #bloggerspromohour

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! One of the best things a person can ever do is to be kind, always. <3

      Delete
  9. I love this! Especially looking at each day as a new beginning, this really helps to keep the spice of life and be excited about where life will take us! Thank you for sharing this!

    xx Alyssa
    www.thewisewillow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :D And you're welcome!

      Delete
  10. Love this!

    Www.jazziepickles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! It is amazing how reading something like this can make you realize how negatively you look at life!

    http://everydayyoungmum.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my post -- so glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  12. I always find it so hard to stay positive on those rough days. Gonna try out these tips next time I'm struggling though :)
    Anna | FarewellMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so difficult to remain positive 24/7, but perfectly natural too. :) Hope these tips help you whenever you're having a bad day. <3

      Delete
  13. Yes! this is such a great post! Need to keep those tips on mind.
    Emily-May xo
    http://theaurasoflife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not cImparting yourself to others is so massively key to being positive! I always find doing it makes me so miserable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I couldn't agree more. :)

      Delete
  15. This is a great inspirational piece! Love it๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I need to take this advice <3
    Robyn// http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope the advice helps you! :)

      Delete
  17. This is such a lovely post to read! I always find that when I'm surrounded by my favourite people I always feel more positive about myself :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, me too -- it definitely cheers me up when I'm surrounded by the people I love. <3

      Delete
  18. i love this! it's so important to be positive, your outlook affects your entire life :) x

    mia // https://okaaythen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Thank you so much for reading my blog. :)

      Delete
  19. great post ! I love "stop comparing yourself to others" so many of us, including myself, are guilty of this, and it's so hard not to, but we need to remember to give ourselves a bit of credit every now and again rather than worrying about others! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do! It's so important to stop comparing yourself to others and just focus on yourself and the goals you want to achieve. :)

      Delete
  20. Really needed a post like this! Such a long week

    Keep up the hard work
    Warm wishes
    Jazziepickles xoxo

    Www.jazziepickles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this post! Definitely need to keep all of these things in mind x

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all amazing tips. I really struggle to stop dwelling on negatives, but luckily I have a lot of hobbies! Blogging, video editing and baking are big loves of mine! Baking is great for unwinding.

    Hazel - www.fleurcharms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love baking, but don't do it very often. :) Blogging is definitely a great way to relax -- and video editing sounds really fun, too!

      Delete
  23. Hi

    Today I want to show you a really absurd, but extremely effective "Manifestation Formula"

    This will FORCE the universe to give you the life of your dreams - money, happiness, success, and more...

    Follow this link to discover it...

    ==> Number 1 secret to manifest your dream life

    I am talking about the kind of life that most people only ever fantasize and dream about.

    The kind where you make more in a month than you used to in a year...

    The kind where other people are inspired by you and want to impress YOU...

    ...Where you make your wildest dreams become a reality.

    ==> Click here to discover this secret

    This secret will literally force the universe to give you all the tools that you need to create financial, emotional and spiritual abundance...

    ...Without hard work or struggle.

    You'll achieve your wealth, health, relationships, and other personal goals...

    ...And life will all of a sudden get super exciting, you'll find it hard to sleep as you'll be so excited about each new day to come...

    ==> Manifest your dream life now

    See you soon,

    Enjoy and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig